Intertek provides fast GS Mark Certification as well as CE Mark, S Mark, and CB Certificates for the European Market, saving you significant time and money.
The GS Mark is recognized throughout Germany and EU countries as symbol of safety. German consumers are willing to pay a higher price for products if there is a strong certification mark on it. The GS Mark minimizes manufacturers' risk of product liability and provides manufacturers with the confidence that their products are safe, legal and of high quality. The GS mark also assures end users that the product has been independently tested by an authorized third party (Intertek) for safety.
A GS mark issued by Intertek will carry its "GS Mark" identifier above the mark. Moreover, Intertek can provide concurrent testing and certification for GS Mark, S Mark, CE Mark and CB Certificates for the European Market, saving you significant time and money.
Any product bearing the GS Mark indicates that it was tested and complies with the minimum requirements of the German Product Safety Act (a.k.a. ProdSG). The GS Mark, which stands for “Geprüfte Sicherheit” in German and means Safety Tested, is a licensed mark of the German government and may only be issued by an accredited product safety testing and certification agency.
Advantages of the GS Mark include:
- Recognized by consumers throughout Germany and EU countries as a symbol of safety and quality
- Provides a marketing advantage by creating consumer trust, confidence, and purchasing motivation
- Minimizes manufacturers' risk of product liability
- Provides manufacturers with the confidence that their products are safe, legal, and of high quality
- Emphasizes your company's commitment to safety and quality
- Assures end users that your product has been independently tested by an authorized third party for safety
- Exceeds required legal standards in many cases
- More highly regarded than the CE Mark since it is verified by a third party testing and certification organization